Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hockey, Go Go, Good shot!

I realized I haven't talked much about Brendan lately.
I fall more in love with that little man every day.

This past weekend we took him to the bowling alley. Not so much to bowl, but my friend Joyce decided she wanted to celebrate her birthday bowling. And since there were going to be other kids there, I thought why not just take him. So Joyce let him roll of few of her bowls down the lane...her lane had bumpers. Don't ask.

And then today was the mother f'er of all days. Brendan was invited to celebrate his buddy Logan's birthday at Chuckie Cheese's. Never.Again. Ever!

While we were at CC, B stayed home and converted Brendan's crib into a toddler bed. Nap went well. Hopefully STTN will go just as well. He really seems to like it.

Brendan is also obsessed with hockey right now. The kid is bound to go pro in some sport. He literally cried the other night when the ECHL hockey game was over. I had to rewind the tv and replay it. And once again when it was over, he cried. He squeals in delight when it is on and I swear to everything holy, he he says "hockey" and he also says "good shot!" This past week he really started emphasized the "t" in shot. I know he is my kid and all, but is TOO much and SO stinking cute!

He is so smart and understands so much. He can also point out which color is blue. I can't believe that he is going to be 2 years old soon. I have already started planning his birthday party!

He likes to jump, yes, jump, gallop and run around the house like a mad man. I feel like he is obsessed with a lot of things these days. Some of his obsession are:
Hockey
Football
the Camera - thanks Merin
Cars

I'm so glad I took the summer off from working to spend time and watch him grow and learn. He is growing so fast. I also think that me being a working mom, makes me a better mom. I appreciate him more (not that I didn't before), I have more patience with him and I look forward to coming home and getting down on the floor playing cars or horsey with him.

I realize this evening, that I am not that crazy mom I thought I was going to be. I knew I was going to be a good mom...but there are certain things I am so laid back about and B FREAKS out over. I've learned that everything is washable. If it doesn't come out, ya know what, who cares. Now I have a story about why there is a giant chocolate hand print on the couch. Clothing, I buy them cheap enough to not even care if he only wears it once. If he breaks the lamp. Oh well, I will just buy a new one. I don't freak out when he doesn't eat his dinner and tango gets most of it because he thru it on the floor. I want Brendan to know there are rules and boundaries, but at the same time he needs to be a kid and develop an explore.

I try to find a good balance between everything, but in the end, my housework is what suffers most. I wouldn't trade any of it. When Brendan lays down and pats on the floor and says "more" how can I resist that? I mean, what would you rather do? Laundry or play hot wheels? I know it won't last forever and there will come a time when he hates me and wants nothing to do with me.



This is Peanut Butter. He ate it straight from the PB "on the go" cup that he took out of my lunchbox.

No comments: