Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Stupid Ass Dental Insurance

I don't even know where to begin. Yes, I do. My Dental insurance sucks balls.

The denied any coverage of my crowns. Reason being: It's not a necessity. Really? Since when did having a healthy mouth not become a necessity? Really, having a full set of teeth isn't necessary.

I really need to cool down before I call these people.

Before I left the dentist this morning and shelled money out of my pocket to cover the luxury item, they were kind enough to look up our file b/c I told the lady that B had a crown put on a few years back. Yup, sure enough he did. The insurance company adjusted it and paid majority of it.

So I ask you this. WTF is so special about B, that he gets his crown paid for and I don't?

ARGH!

Not only do I have that working against me today, the crown they put on two weeks needs to be redone. There is a nice size gap at the bottom between the two teeth and I have to floss every single time I eat. Don't get me wrong, I floss. But it's not so attractive when you are sitting at your desk and someone walks in to ask you a question and you got the floss going on. At least I have good dental hygiene. And I figure if I am paying this out of my own pocket, I better be pretty damn happy with it. 

So, I go back in three weeks for round #4. But at this stage in the game, who is keeping track?

1 comment:

Jill said...

Our AMAZING dental insurance still left me paying $1200 out of pocket for a root canal and crown and oh yeah, I forgot, it caused me to hit my limit for the year. We are 3 weeks into 2011 and I already managed to hit my limit on services for my teeth.

F-U Delta Dental.

I feel your pain Angi.