Thursday, January 20, 2011

Short Straw

Somewhere along the way, I believe I pulled the short straw.
Don't get me wrong, I love my life. I love B and I love B2.

But some days, I wish I didn't have to do it all. Maybe it was the full moon, or maybe it's B's cycle. At either rate, I wanted to punch him last night.

Let me start off by stating that B2 is a momma boys. That's just how it is. Some nights he wants NOTHING to do with B. Last night was one of those night.

What got me so irritated was the fact that I bust my hump every day to pick B2 up and get dinner on the table at a reasonable time and not have to listen to B bitch that he is hungry.

I'm pretty sure from here on out it's going to sound like I am just man bashing him, but honestly, I just need to vent about it. I'll be fine and over it in a day or so.

Each and every day consists of the same thing for me. I get up early to get myself ready before B2 wakes up. I get him up, get him dressed and fed. Fight with him to get his hat and coat on and head out the door to drop him off at my ILs. I work all day. Pick B2 up from the ILs. Race home and try to get there before 530. Depending on what I make for dinner will decide if I think B2 needs something more "kid friendly". If so, that means I have to make him dinner, stick him in the chair and try to half watch him half cook dinner for myself and B.

Last night was the grand daddy of all nights. I made B2 his own dinner and put him THREE feet away from B, went into the kitchen to make dinner. B2 was not having any of it. He kept screaming for me and throwing his food. Next thing I hear is "Brendan, sit down. Sit Down. Brendan. Brendan. OMG, sit down." So of course, I realize at that point B is not going to put down his laptop to get up and get B2 out of the highchair. So out into the LR I go. Get him out and of course, he now wants to "help" me make dinner.
Argh!
So of course, after dinner, I have clean up duty. Then I have the whole bedtime routine. And now it is 830 and B is back on STILL ON THE FUCKING computer.

It was just one of those nights.

I guess what pisses me off most is that I get off work at 5. B gets off work at 3. I just think it would be nice for maybe every once in a while B could pick up B2. I mean, seriously, WTF is doing from 330 - 530? Or maybe he could make dinner or at the very least start dinner for me.

Prime example. I go to the gym every Tuesday. With that being said, I always put something in the crock pot. It was beef stroganoff this week. I even put a pot with a bag of noodles in it on the stove. Stupid me thought, oh, B will get the hint and start them, he knows about what time I get home from the gym.
Um, BFN! When I get home I am greeted with "How long till dinner, I am starving."

But what really pissed me off last night was the fact that I got no help whatsoever and then at 9pm, B asks me why I am pissy. AYFKM? At this point I don't even want to fight about it and I just tell him I am irritated and leave it at that. There was no need to make a mole hill out of an ant hill. Speaking of ants, I will have to blog about our ant farm soon.

Hopefully tonight will be better. I'm guessing no, b/c I am going to have a little talk with him about this. But the good thing is, we have dinner with Joyce and Jeff tonight.

If you made it thru all that rambling, great...thanks for staying with me. And now that it's off my chest, I do feel better. Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

yes.
That's all I can say...because I think as working moms, we've all been there at least once!
I've started realizing that men need specifics- tell them exactly what to do and they can do it (usually).

Good luck!

Jene said...

A-freaking-men. You'd think that as a sociology person who knows all about the vast quantities of research that show "this is how it is," I wouldn't have been so surprised when things ended up this way.

I rarely complain about C, but it drives me batty that he works from home and still waits until I get home to start dinner. I walk in (at 5:00, after leaving the house at 6:30 that morning to get C2 to daycare and get myself to work and then back again) and he's watching TV or playing on his phone.

So frustrating, but so not worth the argument.

Jill said...

I know I'm not a working mom, but I still totally get where you are coming from.

Sometimes I wish they could see themselves in a movie.

It is very frustrating, men just do not get it, at all.

I was so sick for 2 weeks, Davis and I were both sick actually. Of course Davis was up all night for at least a week. The kid just didn't sleep. Now, did I mention I was also very sick?? Did my husband once offer to assist during one of these nights?? Ummmm, no. He did however manage to mosey out of the bedroom once and ask me why we were up and to ask me if I could control my cough a little better as he was trying to sleep. GAH!!!! I nearly filed for divorce the next day.