Monday, January 24, 2011

Gunpowder and lead

It's not the best picture. I had to make due with what I had since I am sure B2 hid the camera cables on me. This is my VERY FIRST TARGET I shot at.

I will say I am not sure how I feel about the whole gun shooting situation. I don't find it to be something that I would suggest doing on a boring Saturday afternoon. Bowling,sure. Shooting my gat, not so much.

But I do know how to load the mag, cock, aim and shoot. And of course, empty the mag and reload. So it wasn't a total waste of time. And B feels a lot better about having the gun in the house knowing I know everything about it...not to mention, I have a pretty good shot.

I might feel different about the shooting range if next time we go, we rent both lanes. The place is VERY small. And whenever the people in the next line shot their gun, I lost focus and got a little freaked out. Hell, the first time it happened, B was shooting and I thought the gun double fired. Plus, I don't like people judging me. B says no one was judging me...but how would he know. I also felt like maybe the gun was a bit on the large side for my liking. So I am making B take me to Bass Pro Shop to look at the same gun in a "compact" version.

So there you have it. Gun enthusiast, no. Putting lead in your ass if you break in my home, yes.

No comments: