Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend Review

This past weekend was one of the best weekend's I have had in quite some time.

We spent Friday night home as a family. On Saturday we went out to breakfast and made a quick trip to Kohl's. It makes me sick to think I can't find anything on the clearance racks, but if I wanted to pick up a bathing suit or some flip flops, I was in luck. I get that people go away to somewhere warm in the winter, but I think retail is just WAY ahead of themselves. Hell, I saw Easter candy out. Is Easter isn't till the end of April this year...and hello, there is still the Hallmark Holiday, Valentine's Day. There I go again, getting off track.
We came back home b/c B2 needed to take an early nap b/c we had to drop him off at Papa and Nana's house for his overnight stay. I don't know where the afternoon went, but we ended up running late and had to drop B2 off and then scramble. But get this, when we got there, my mom was napping. Whatever.

So we drop him off, hit the highway and head to our massage. My massage was fabulous. B had a different therapist than last time and, well, he's a little sore right now. hehe.

Afterwards, we did a little shopping. I wouldn't call it shopping as we didn't buy anything. We we're striking out left and right. I figured enough was enough and I had ahead for a table at Outback Steakhouse.

After a hour and a half wait, we stuffed ourselves and headed home were B was asleep in the chair by 930 and I found myself on FB. The things you do when you have a kid free day. LOL.

Since B2 stayed the night at Papa and Nana's house, B and I got to sleep in. Ha, that's a joke. The kid has us conditioned that anything after 7am is sleeping in. So of course, we were up and out the door by 9am.

Ran a few more errands for the things we realized we forgot the day before and then headed to the shooting Range. I was going to post about that here, but honestly, that deserve a post all on it's own.

To wrap it up, I had over 24 hours of kid free, good quality husband time. And the best part was, even though we did a lot, it was mostly free b/c we used our GC's from Christmas.

No comments: