Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Getting the hang of it

Do you have any idea how long it takes to grocery shop when you stop and read every label? A long time. Well, not really. But long enough for B to wonder WTH took me so long.

First let me bitch about the crotchmuffin dietitian I met with last week. I did not like her. We will just leave it at that. But she told me that pasta was pasta no matter what brand/type it was. She may be right. But I don't want to believe her. I picked up a box of Kroger Brand pasta and compared it to Healthy Choice, I think (I honestly cant remember for the life of me right now.) Anyhow, the carbs where WAY lower on the HC. So I bought that.

My Blood Sugar (BS) was low all day yesterday. I had a salad and spaghetti for dinner and two hours after I ate, my BS was 90. Not that it is bad. But when my numbers are low, I do stupid things. Like reward myself with ice cream or brownies. I really need to stop doing that.

I'm finally getting the hang of this testing and knowing what I can eat and what will fill me up without going over my carb intake. I also know what I should stay away from and which foods are free and I can eat all I want....Free foods help a lot. But do you have any idea how hard it is to make Jell-o and not put alcohol in it? Its hard. I had to read the instructions 3 times.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I love that word "crotchmuffin" ROFL

Just think your baby will be here before you know it and no more GD diet!!

Jene said...

LMFAO at the Jell-O comment. You're too freaking cute, Angi.