Friday, March 6, 2009

50 days...or less

Holy crap! I had another mild panic attack last night when I was marking appointments on the calendar. Yea, I am the intelligent one. Holy Shit! We are going to have a baby NEXT month!

This month is going to be VERY busy for us, thus resulting in time flying by. Starting on the 15th, I have my shower that Sunday, start L&D classes on Monday, meet with the crortchmuffin Dietitian on Tuesday, and have my 34W appt on Thursday. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

One exciting little fact, Mr. Freeze just so happens to be open. And they are so conveniently located right across the street from the OB's office. I will be sure to have cash on hand so I can get some ice cream for the drive home.

I had my 32W checkup yesterday. Went very well. Baby Cakes HR was 138. I talked to the doctor about the chances of being induced. Having GD isn't going to help.
Although, on the plus side, I get another look at Baby Cakes around week 36 to make sure s/he isn't gaining to much weight.

My OB said she doesn't like to induced b/c chances are it could be a hard labor for me and more time spent in the hospital and if all that can be avoided, she would rather have it that way. But if Baby Cakes starts getting to big, that's my only option. So I have to stay on top of this diet and make sure s/he doesn't get too big.

The doc did say that if I chose to be induced technically/medically speaking since I have GD I could. But it wouldn't be until week 39, hence the 50 days or less. She left it for me to decided. Like I need another decision to make.

I'm still trying to figure when my last day of work will be. In an ideal perfect world, I could work till the 24th and have the baby over the weekend. I only get 6-8 weeks off (unpaid at that) and I want to be able to spend ALL the time possible with Baby Cakes. I don't want to "waste" time off before hand.

That's it for now. I have a lot of decisions to make and a very busy schedule ahead of me!

2 comments:

Nik said...

Ok so what if you go into labor before the 24th? That could happen you know. Not everyone makes it to their due date. I doubt with having GD they will let you go over your due date so no worries there I wouldn't think. Whenever it happens you better call me right away!! Love ya B***h!!

Angi said...

Nik, that is why I said 50 days or less.