Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Updates

I am still sick. I managed thru the shower and had a great time. Of course there are a bunch of snarky comment being tossed around, but whateves. I am so blessed to have an amazing group of family and family.
I do have one thing to get off my chest. My MIL and SIL need to realize they are not the only family this baby will have and I REALLY wish they would refrain from making all the grandma, at grandma's house, I'm the grandma, I'm the babysitter comments in front of my mother, who also happens to be a grandma as well. I mean seriously, do you think I was spawned from aliens? No, I have a set of parents just as B does. So before you make a snarky comment about being grandma, remember who you are in front of. I don't think I can hold my tongue much longer.
I am so blessed to have such an amazing group of friends and generous family. I think it took about 2 hours to open all the gifts. It looked like BRU exploded in our house and it will take me all weekend to sort thru all the gifts.
The best gift of all was spending some QT with Jene, who drove up from Cincinnati. I wish we lived closer. None of my friends share my excited for baseball like she does. But its all good. Baby Cakes and I will be taking a road trip down to see her and Baby Charlie this summer.







My shower Hostess, Nicole










Another Shower Host, Ms. Joyce.








My mom (AKA the other grandma) and I








My Nestie Besties!










Part of the aftermath. There is crap in the dining room and nursery.

1 comment:

Jene said...

You're too sweet Angi!

You make a very cute pregnant lady :)