Thursday, October 30, 2008

There's no crying in baseball

That is unless you are 3 months pregnant sitting at home watching the Phillie's win the 2008 World Series. I am so glad to see someone other than the RedSux or the NYY win. I personally think both those teams are over rated. Phillie's haven't won since 1960, which is nothing compared to my beloved Indians who haven't won since 1948, but we wont get into to that.


I will admit, deep down I was hoping the Rays could pull it off. But hey, you cant have your cake and eat it, right? I'm sure they are beating themselves up pretty bad today (they did make a HUGE error in the 8th inning). But really, how can they. Look how far they have come. This was their first time EVER to the WS. So that has to mean something to them.




Crying must be my new thing. I cried while watching Obama's info-mericial. WTF is up with that? I guess I thought it was heartfelt and sincere and "just hit home" for what is really going on in the world today.


1 comment:

Jene said...

Hooray for hormone-induced crying jags! Wait until the holiday commercials start - you'll be in a puddle every time you turn on the TV.

Oh, and don't worry - I fully expect my Yankees to be back at full strength next year :)