Friday, October 31, 2008

That Friends Episode

You remember the one where Phoebe is pregnant and asks Monica if she still has her fat clothes. Monica asks why and Phoebe say because she wants to borrow them b/c it would be cheaper than buying maternity clothes. Holy shit was she right. $44 for a pair of cords at JCP. Or how about the $70 pair of jeans at Mimi Maternity. Have these people gone mad?

Lucky for me, before becoming pregnant I lost about 15 pounds. So last years winter clothes were going to be too big. My fat pants bought me some time. But alas, they too are now snug.

Thank god for wonderful friends (thanks Liz) who kept some of their maternity clothes and were pg the same time of year. I've only had to purchase one pair of pants, which I had a 15% coupon for at Kohl's ($19 later). I now have 4 pairs of pants and you all better get used to seeing me in them! Shit is expensive.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I bought jeans at Mimi for $108, I know, terrible!!! But they are fabulous :o)

Jene said...

Target, Kohls, and consignment shops are your best bets!