Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Making progress on the nursery

After much debate about how fvcking expensive the crib and dresser from BRU was, we decided to start the search over. We found and agreed on a complete set from Target. Of course my life couldn't be easy. Its online only. Ugh. BUT, for a 4-1 converter crib, a dresser and changing table with tax and shipping its only $600.00.I say only like its no big deal. But it is. The dresser alone at BRU was $550.00

So with the money we saved by shopping around and finding something on sale, I bought some other cute stuff on ebay.

I was lucky enough to find a handmade Curious George boppy slip cover, a Curious George ceiling fan and a light switch plate and outlet covers. I got all that for less than $80.00

So now I play the waiting game. I hate waiting for things to arrive. But I get so excited to come home to packages or see the UPS truck coming down the road. I think I have issues.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Good move on going with the less expensive furniture!! I could have spent a ton of $$ too, but then reality hit. We got the crib at BRU for $300 (my mom bought it), the changing table was $134 and we found a decent white dresser at good old Target for $150. I'm happy with our choices and who is to say we will even use the furniture 10 years from now, it could go through another kid and be totally beat up.

Jene said...

We need pictures!!