Sunday, February 8, 2009

As always. I aim to please others

Yea, WTFE. I am so sick of the SAME fight.

My SIL is beyond passive aggressive with my DH, and he doesn't see it.
See called yesterday and says she got her invite to my baby shower, but while talking with her boyfriends mom, she hadn't mentioned anything about receiving hers. Well that is b/c she didn't get one sent to her. I had to cut 12 people from the list and unfortunately, she didn't make the cut.

As usual, my DH tells me to invite her b/c he doesn't want to be caught in the middle of a fight between me, his mom and his sister. I told him I was NOT going to be bullied into inviting this woman that I don't even know when I had to cut cousins and friends from my list. His response. Whats one more person? Excuse me? That's not even the point. The point is, I'm not inviting her. How fair is it to my FAMILY and my FRIENDS who didn't get invites. But SIL's boyfriend's mom HAD to be invited so SIL wouldn't throw a fit like a 5 year old. Apparently the short bus didn't pick me up today, b/c I don't get it.

But just when you think it couldn't get any better, it does.
B called his mom to tell her that SIL had called and B gave her the short story and that "she" didn't get sent an invite b/c I had to cut the list and we only had so many invites to work with.

Oh problem solved. My MIL is mailing her HER invite that she got. AYFKM? I told B that was not fair. MILs response...what is one more person and she will be family............someday (yea right). Are these people crazy? Why Why why why why do I have to invite my SILs boyfriends mom when I cant invite my own friends and family? I feel like a broken record. No one gets it. I am beyond pissed at my MIL and my husband. He always tells me to suck it up and do it for him. And so what if SIL gets her way. I am so over it and one of these days all hell is going to break lose and it is not going to be pretty.

And yet B wonders why I have been in a pissy mood since yesterday. Once again, at my expense, SIL gets her way. He says he owes me one. Not that I am keeping count, but he owes me a lot more than one.

6 comments:

Shannon A. said...

Please introduce me to your wonderful in-laws at the shower so I may throat punch them all for being douches.

Jill said...

Are you serious?? You have to invite your SIL's boyfriends mom??? WTF!!!!! Don't you wish you could just have a drink sometimes?

Troy & Amy said...

She better bring a really good gift for you - that's for sure. Maybe she'll bring you a six-pack of Bud that is okay for pregnant women to drink! Sorry you have to go through this - especially right now! Doesn't your DH know that this party is not for your family - it is about you and him and your new arrival. Your SIL def sounds like a spoiled brat. Even if she marries this boyfriend of yours - her boyfriends mother is going to be her family - not yours!

Troy & Amy said...

Sorry I met to say party isn't for your DH's family - it's for you. Either way - she's even got me so mad I can't even comment right! What a total idiot!

Sara said...

OMG OMG, do you want me to make a phone call? Seriously, I am so hot over this. Apparently, what's one more, just invite everyone you had to cut from the list. I'm sure you can find 12 people to recycle their invitations for you.
WOW effing WOW.

Nik said...

WTF!!!!! Im in shock!! She used HER invite to send to SS's Mom!! OMG!! If hse didnt want an invite I wouldnt of sent her or SIL one!! That is so ridiculous!! That sure didnt get run past me!! I guess Im not being including in every decision either!! Good Lord!! I need a drink! Im pissed!!