Monday, November 17, 2008

Random-ness

Yesterday I had the pleasure of celebrating my grandma's 75th birthday. She cried. I don't know if she was crying b/c she was turning 75 or the fact that the entire family was horribly singing "happy birthday" to her. Either way it was a nice evening.

Ya know, there always has to be one person at a family function who doesn't know how to to keep their mouth shut, thus causing family drama, and in my family, we could seriously do with out any drama. The fact of the matter is, this person has upset me time after time after time. And what do I do? I decide to not create a scene, b/c it is my grandma's birthday. But then, I stew over it all night. Then of course I cant sleep b/c I am that upset about it. And of course it continues when I wake up and I am in the shower re-hashing the whole conversation and saying to myself "what I should have said is...", or "what I would have liked to say" But, I am a bigger person. Then the waterworks start. AYFKM? Why do I let this person get to me? Ugh. Its water under the bridge and today is a new day.

Oh and I would also like to comment on how one of my grandmother's son's couldn't even bother to call or show up to celebrate with us. Not cool. Not.cool.at.all.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Aw, I'm sorry. But happy birthday to your Grandma.