Thursday, April 9, 2009

F/U to 37 week appt.

I know you are anxiously awaiting the news from my OB appointment, so here it is.
It was fabulous. I had a GREAT Non Stress Test and a great U/S. Poor little Baby Cakes is SO squished in there. He did manage to move "his" head and give me a sweet little smile and put "his" hand into "his" mouth. "He" appears to be measuring at 7 pounds, give or take a few ounces. HR was 131.

The internal went OK. Didn't feel great, but wasn't horrible either. The OB said I am 1cm, soft and she could feel "his" head. ACK!!! At that moment I felt so overwhelmed. I guess I have just felt like I was going to be pregnant forever with no light at the end of the tunnel in sight.

We talked about being induced and she said to let her know by my next appointment, which is Wednesday and then she says, if you make it that far. OMG, another overwhelmed feeling.

So of course I have to ask what are the odds of that happening. She says 50%.

50%! I can not work with a number like that!

B and I had a discussion about it and he thinks it would be best if my last day of work were to be Wednesday, I said Friday. I just want to finish out the week. And as we all know, I always get the last word.

So that settled it. If I don't have Baby Cakes on my own, I have decided to be induced. I think I am kinda pissed with myself, b/c all along I have been telling myself what ever happens, happens. Just roll with it. And now here I sit planning on scheduling an induction. Oh well. I'm sure Baby Cakes is just as uncomfortable as I am these days.







1 comment:

Jill said...

You have to do what is best for you and if you decide induction is best then go with it!!!

I'm so excited for you and B!!