Monday, April 6, 2009

37 Weeks

Well, I was going to take a picture for you this morning, but of course, as my luck would have it all the batteries were dead. So, you will have to wait till tomorrow to see my belly.

Now the waiting game begins.

I took a trip to Target this weekend and got everything I would need for my hospital bag. My bag is packed and I am ready to go.

I've been having some contractions and some cramping. I think I overdid it this weekend. The nesting has taken over. I was up at 6:30 in the morning on a flipping Sunday cleaning the house. Not just cleaning, but I rearranged the kitchen cupboards and the pantry. I even dusted, swept the floor and moped the kitchen floor. Took a nap at 2 and was right back at it. I even managed to stay up till 10:30....only to wake up to snow...but then I remembered I live in Ohio. Anything is possible at any time of the year.

My 36 week appt went well. Doctor said I am looking beautiful...well duh. My BP is good, Baby Cakes HR is 134. Had the Strep B test done. Wasn't nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. I was supposed to have an internal, but they decided to wait a week. So I go back Wednesday for that as well as a U/S. I am hoping that the internal will set things in motion. But at the same time, I really hope my mom makes it back from Florida before Baby Cakes decides to make "his" appearance. Really bad planning on her part.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I didn't even know my doctor was doing the group b and the first internal wasn't bad either, some people make it out to be this horrible, painful experience. A painful internal is one when you are contracting, I cried when I had those before I got the epi.

I hope it happens soon for you!!

Nik said...

You keep saying "he"!! You arent going to be bummed if BabyCakes comes out and he is a she are you? HaHa! Im sure you and B will be happy either way. I can't wait to meet he or she!!