Friday, March 18, 2011

Liar, Liar. Pants on fire.

I have managed to offend my MIL. All over a simple hair cut for B2.

There are certain things I don't share with the rest of the family. Everything turns into a huge ordeal and a drama fest, and quite honestly, I don't need the extra drama.

When B and I decided to take B2 to get his haircut, this fell under the "don't tell the parents" list.

On Thursday, when B picked up B2, MIL said something to B about it. Her exact words were, "ya know, I used to be a licensed beautician." I have no idea where the conversation went from there.

How do I know I offended her? Because she said something to me on Friday morning when I dropped him off. She said "ya know, I would have cut his hair for you." Then she gave me the "look". I HATE the look.
It's like what do you want me to say? No matter what I say it's going to be wrong and she is still going to be pissed about it. All I said was " I know. But we went there after dinner to get B's hair cut and it just happened to all work out."

LIE!
I don't even feel bad for lying. Why don't I feel bad you ask? Because B lied to her as well! And if he doesn't feel bad about lying to his own mother, then I shouldn't feel bad either.

BTW, B2 looks totally handsome with his haircut!

No comments: